Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash

TWICE BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH

Only uses 3 ingredients!


Spaghetti squash is so yummy and a healthier option than regular pasta. Spaghetti squash is very low in carbs. If kept in a cool place, spaghetti squash can keep for a while. 

  • 1 Spaghetti Squash (medium size)
  • 1/2 – 1 cup pasta sauce 
  • 1/2 – 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) 
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)
  • Optional: fresh garlic, fresh chopped basil leaves, dried oregano or Italian seasoning
Step 1: Cut the squash is half lengthwise, scoop all the seeds out.
Step 2: Set the oven for 450 degrees
Step 3: Place the squash on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 30 minutes
Step 4: After spaghetti squash is done baking, use a fork and scrape the squash to loosen and separate into strands
Step 5: Place strands into a bowl and combine with favorite pasta sauce and add some seasoning (salt, pepper, etc.)
Step 6: Spoon mixture back into squash "shell" and sprinkle mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven until golden (about 7 minutes) 
Serve directly from the shell!
Enjoy! 



https://homecookingmemories.com/easy-twice-baked-spaghetti-squash-recipe/






Comments

  1. I've never really been a fan of squash, but after reading this, I would definitely consider trying it! The recipe seems super simple and easy to follow! I love how it is only 3 ingredients and takes less than an hour to make completely! I think it is important as health and wellness educators that we ourselves live a healthy lifestyle and it all starts with what we eat! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti squash! It doesn't take much more time than waiting for a big pot of water to boil when you make pasta. Squash also has a lot of vitamins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Melissa on this one, I'm not the biggest fan of squash but I would definitely give this a try. It seems super easy and cheap with only 3 ingredients. I know I have a lot of trouble finding time to make clean meals to eat during the week especially on a college budget. Its good to know that there are still some cool recipes out there that I haven't tried that can be cheap and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks so good! Spaghetti squash is so good! My mom makes this, it always taste better than noodles! It also feels lighter in your stomach, and you are still able to enjoy all that spaghetti contains. This is also a great recipe for college students because it is a low cost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment